City of Bristol Races - Practical Information
Bristol City Council has kindly provided the central Event Centre within City Hall.
The Event Centre for both days is the Cash Hall a large and airy ground floor space, accessed from College Street behind City Hall at post code BS1 5TR.
The Cash Hall provides plenty of space, tables, comfy seats, toilets and an excellent cafe serving drinks, snacks and food. It’s open from 1100 until 1600 on Saturday and 0930 to 1430 on Sunday.
Distances to all Starts and from Finishes are short - 10 minutes or less. These will be sign posted, just follow the red and white tapes. Juniors should be accompanied to Starts.
Participants are encouraged to use public transport.
• Bristol Temple Meads railway station is a level 1.7km walk to the Event Centre and is the closest mainline station - www.nationalrail.co.uk
• Park & Ride - note Long Ashton P&R allows motorhome access, but not overnight parking and is closed on Sundays
• Car parking locations - the College Street car park (BS1 5UU) is very close to the Event Centre but has a maximum time limit of 4 hours. Wapping Wharf Car park is on a development site at BS1 4RH and is probably the least expensive and currently has no height restriction
• Bristol International Airport - located 20 minutes to the south of the city and is served by discount airlines from across the UK and Europe. The Bristol Flyer bus (A1) operates ever 20 minutes and takes 20 minutes to get to the city centre - alight at Redcliffe Way (the stop before Temple Meads station) and walk 10 minutes to City Hall
• Cycle lanes are plentiful in central Bristol and there are cycle racks just outside the Event Centre entrance
www.at-bristol.org.uk is a useful website to help plan your journey
There are many accommodation options of all levels from first class hotels, guest houses, B&Bs, and hostels. Staying in the centre of Bristol will enable you to walk to the Event Centre and to many of Bristol's other attractions.
VisitBristol is the useful website of Bristol’s Tourist Office and runs an accommodation search facility
Bristol’s Youth Hostel is located on the Harbourside close to the Event Centre
On Line Entries : Fabian4 for all entries and amendments
Entries queries : David Hunt, email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Race specific queries Organiser : Mark Dyer, email : email@example.com
Supporter enquiries - Coordinator : David Hunt, email : firstname.lastname@example.org