Bristol City Council has kindly provided the central Event Centre within City Hall
The Event Centre for both days is the Cash Hall a large and airy ground floor space, accessed from College Street behind City Hall at post code BS1 5TR.
The Cash Hall provides plenty of space, tables, comfy seats, toilets and an excellent cafe serving drinks, snacks and food. It’s open from 1100 until 1630 on Saturday and 0930 to 1500 on Sunday.
Within the Cash Hall is an excellent Caffe Gusto catering franchise that will be serving drinks, snacks, and food including:
- Salads, bacon & sausage sandwiches, cheese toasties, toasted paninis and flatbreads and, jacket potatoes and sandwiches with various fillings
- Hot and cold drinks, chocolate, cakes & flapjacks and protein bars
Distances to all Starts and from Finishes are short - 10 minutes or less. These will be sign posted, just follow the red and white tapes. Juniors should be accompanied to Starts.
Participants are encouraged to use public transport.
Bristol Temple Meads railway station is a level 1.7km walk to the Event Centre and is the closest mainline station - www.nationalrail.co.uk
• Park & Ride
- note Long Ashton P&R allows motorhome access, but not overnight parking and is closed on Sundays
• Car parking locations
- the College Street car park (BS1 5UU) is very close to the Event Centre and its normal limit of 4 hours can be extended at weekends. Wapping Wharf Car park is on a development site at BS1 4RH and is probably the least expensive and currently has no height restriction
• Bristol International Airport
- located 20 minutes to the south of the city and is served by discount airlines from across the UK and Europe. The Bristol Flyer bus (A1) operates ever 20 minutes and takes 20 minutes to get to the city centre - alight at Redcliffe Way (the stop before Temple Meads station) and walk 10 minutes to City Hall
• Cycle lanes are plentiful in central Bristol and there are cycle racks just outside the Event Centre entrance
There are many accommodation options of all levels including first class hotels, guest houses, B&Bs, and hostels.
These are the Event Hotels and are both ideally situated just 5/6 minutes walk from the Event Centre and even closer to the Day 2 race.
Staying in the centre of Bristol will enable you to walk to the Event Centre and to many of Bristol's other attractions.
VisitBristol is the useful website of Bristol’s Tourist Office and runs an accommodation search facility. Bristol’s Youth Hostel is located on the Harbourside close to the Event Centre.
On Line Entries : Fabian4
for all entries and amendments